Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Healthier Foodie



Top Photo: Last nights healthy herbed chicken with fresh stir-fry veggies.
Bottom Photo: The nutrition books from the library that I'm doing my research with from.

It's a little sad that it took me getting so sick last week for it to finally register in my mind how desperately I need to eat healthier. Everything just clicked for me. I get it now. There is no going back to the bad eating habits this time. If I can help it, I will never get that sick from asthma again! Who knew your diet could affect asthma? Not me. I was never told that before last week in the emergency room. I feel a little dumb for not knowing but I'm gonna make up for it now. I've checked out a few books from the library on nutrition...a subject apparently I feel I know Nothing about since I never studied it nor lived a healthy lifestyle. Okay, I knew eating vegetables and fruit was a good thing but I never stopped eating all the fattening crap I was raised with either! My mom's motto is eat what makes you happy...something I've apparently lived by my whole life. But I'm an adult so I can't blame my mom anymore for my unhealthy eating habits. I could have done the research but did not, but I'm going to research my ass off now on nutrition. Good thing I love to research! Good thing I'm ready for this change now.
I still consider myself a foodie since I love to eat but I'm shifting into a healthier eating foodie.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment