Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Five Days After


Five days after my release from the hospital, I am feeling more normal physically than I have in months! I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to do anything at all and not get out of breath. Well, okay, most of you already know how it feels to be able to breathe without severe asthma, but I had it so badly that I could not remember how it felt to breathe without any difficulty. I am forever grateful for the prayers from family, friends and twitter, for the Eucharistic Ministers who gave me Holy Communion in my room & prayed with me, and the hospital staff for helping me recover both physically, and spiritually during my stay last week. All of you who helped with what I just mentioned; I carry you in my heart and prayers forever.
This Friday I will have my first appointment with the pulmonologist who I hope will keep me breathing well from now on.
As for being home and recovering...that's always a drag. I'm sun-sensitive with the medications I'm taking so I can only go out early in the day or at night time. R and my son have been renting movies from the Red Box, which I think is our new love, heh! And I have books to do research with.
And then....there is the shadow man making his appearance again. I saw him as soon as I arrived home from the hospital that night. I sat in my recliner and he walked right in front of the front door again. It was kind of like a welcome home thing...I think. I also saw...well, I'm not sure exactly what it was, but it was the third time I saw it...it being a shadowy figure that was...Orange! Yeah, orange. I know. Weird, right? I remember the first time I saw this orange figure. My son had come home and walked across the room which was two room in front of me and then I saw an orange figure walk behind him. My son walked back the opposite way to his room and I waited for the orange figure to walk after him...thinking of course that it was a friend of my son's wearing an orange jacket. My son came back to say bye to me and I asked him where his friend was. He gave me a weird look and said no one came in with him so I told him what I saw and he got a little weirded out that something was following him. The second time I saw this orange figure it was around some other family members in the same room...the dining room. I still don't know what it is. It is slightly human form but not quite, but it also moves quickly so it's hard to see the complete shape. Sometimes I wonder if it is an angel but I have no way of know for sure. But it also seemed to welcome me back last week when I returned from the hospital. Heck, it's always nice to be welcomed home! :-)

1 comment:

  1. weird. now i wanna know what the orange figure was. also i had no idea you were so sick! wow. hugs

    ReplyDelete