Thursday, October 7, 2010

Carbos Much?



Yesterday was my 1 month check up with Dr. L, my primary doctor.
At home my scale said I didn't lose any weight but the doctor's scale said I lost 3 pounds!
Yippee!
I so thought this was a victory for me! I didn't gain, I lost! Woohoo!
Dr. L thought I should have lost more in the past month. I agreed but I told her it wasn't as easy for me as it is for her to keep weight off. I've had an entire life time of eating what I want, when I want. And now I have to lose weight for my health. Specifically for my sleep apnea to go away so I can get a better nights sleep Annnd in the process, Dr. L says I will finally stop falling asleep during the day for hours and hours. Mmmhmmm. That's what she says. And she knows I don't entirely believe her on that, but I also said I'll do things her way in hopes that she is correct and weighing less will make me sleep, and feel better.
Dr. L's plan is for me to eat no more than 100 grams of carbohydrates per day.
Do you know how many things have carbos? Just about Everything dammit!
And with that new knowledge, I realized that I L-O-V-E carbos!! I've lived for carbos my entire life! Now I'm supposed to have next to no carbos? Yeahhaha! Much easier said than done Doc!
She was nice enough to give me flash cards (with pictures no less) that tells which food have carbos AND how many grams of carbos....so this is supposed to make it easier. Sure it does. Well, in theory it does. In my reality? Not so much Doc!
But I am trying. Really I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment